Hoodoo Digital is looking for an Automation Engineer to join their team. This is a development role that involves building and enhancing tools that automate our testing practice. You’ll work closely with the rest of the development and product team while creating test plans, developing automation code to test new and existing features, and ensuring a quality product for our clients. If you enjoy writing code and finding ways to break it, you’ll love this position!
As an Automation Engineer at Hoodoo, you will work with open-source test frameworks on a variety of projects, both building from scratch and adding to existing automation suites. You’ll also help enhance dev tooling, participate in code reviews, and contribute to writing unit tests as needed. You’ll be a champion for quality on your team and ensure new features go through manual and automated functional, regression, and performance tests where needed. The Automation Engineer will work closely with the rest of the engineering team to define and write unit and integration tests.
- Web application testing background
- Eager to learn new technologies
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- Experience setting up and developing with UI automation frameworks and tools like Selenium, Cypress, TestNG and JMeter
- Experience with BrowserStack, SauceLabs, and other UI validation tools
- Experience navigating an IDE and the Linux command line
- Hands-on experience with git and version control
- Knowledge of Agile development processes
- Comfortable executing and writing SQL queries
- Able to read and write JSON, YAML and XML
- Exposure to dependency management with Maven or Gradle
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like CircleCI, Bamboo, Jenkins or GitlabCI
- Bonus if you have API testing experience using tools and frameworks such as Postman and RestAssured
- Background working with Adobe Experience Manager or React applications a plus