So what have you been up to? Hoodoo Digital 2020 Reflection
This has been one of the oddest years that we can recall. But for Hoodoo Digital, things went really quite well. So let’s take a minute to review all the things that have happened for us here at Hoodoo Digital in 2020. It’s been a busy year.
- Remote Work - We were already prepared for the “shutdown” caused by the pandemic because of our Remote First mentality. While we certainly missed being able to get together for meetings and other activities, we easily phased into our working from home mentality. This ensured that we were able to continue assisting our customers throughout the pandemic and have even helped show some of them how to create a remote working model for their own organizations.
- AEM Rockstars/ACME tool - We were excited to share our ACME tool with the Adobe Experience Manager community this year, and it helped up win the AEM Rockstar title for 2020. Our ACME tool is free for everyone and allows users to generate Storybook stories from content defined in an AEM instance. Learn more about the ACME tool here.
- New Employees - Despite the cold pool inhale that every company made when the economy stopped, we have grown quite a bit in our employee ranks. We have hired 16 new employees, ranging from Architects, Developers, Solution Consultants, and QA engineers.
- Golden Thread Webinar - Because Adobe Summit was canceled as an in person event, we decided to self host a webinar with our partner/customer Lumen (formerly CenturyLink) to show how we helped them connect AEM Assets, Workfront, and Adobe Analytics to create a state of the art asset distribution and tracking system. The webinar was entitled “The Golden Thread: Tying value to your assets from creation to delivery”.
- Platinum Sponsor for Workfront LEAP - Unsurprising, Workfront’s yearly conference LEAP was moved to an online only option, where Hoodoo was a Platinum sponsor. Because of our expertise in connecting AEM and Workfront we were invited to share how we helped Adobe’s marketing hub team connect AEM Assets and Workfront together, in our session “Controlling the Chaos: Digital Asset Mastery with Adobe and Workfront”.
- Digital Foundation Blueprint success with Adobe - Last year Adobe started working on a new approach to AEM implementations called Digital Foundation Blueprint. We have had a lot of success with this approach because we have helped organizations see the positive impact that comes from succeeding with your marketing goals early. As an example we posted a case study of how we helped Lionbridge with their AEM implementation.
- Certifications - Certifications are a great way to show knowledge and expertise in a particular field. I’ve lost count with the number of people that have certified in new areas and recertified with those that they already knew. We try to highlight all our new certifications by our employees as we are incredibly proud of their work and achievements.
- Adobe Partner level - At the beginning of the year we had grown in Adobe’s eyes enough to be able to attain the Gold partner level. The growth we achieved this year means that Platinum is not far off… ;)
The best thing that we can say happened for us was the opportunity to work with such amazing customers. We helped our customers to succeed in a trying and difficult time. Thank you to them for sticking with us and thank you to our staff of amazing employees for working hard when life was harder than it normally is. Good luck to everyone in 2021!