Herb Hosman Completes AEM Sites Developer and Business Practitioner Certifications
There's always lots of good stuff happening at Hoodoo Digital. We are pleased to announce that Herb Hosman has completed the Adobe Certified Expert exams for the Adobe Experience Manager Sites Developer and Adobe Experience Manager Sites Business Practitioner. This exam certifies that he “has proven knowledge and experience to help clients optimize the value of their Adobe solution.” Adobe provides exam guides that outline the things that they should be proficient with in order to pass the exam(s).
Developer Exam Guide
At a minimum, the candidate seeking certification should have and be able to:
- A minimum of 1-year AEM development experience using version 6.3 or higher
- Create, extend and configure templates and components
- Build and configure OSGi components and services
- Use Sling and JCR API
- Have general knowledge about building using Apache Maven and be able to set-up their own environment (e.g., Java SDK, and AEM)
- Test applications and troubleshoot AEM projects
The minimally-qualified AEM Developer should be familiar with the following tools and comfortable in the following environments:
- Apache Maven
- FileVault (vlt)
- Java SDK
- Unit testing frameworks (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, AEM Mocking)
Business Practitioner Exam Guide
The minimally-qualified AEM Business Practitioner should be able to perform the following tasks without any assistance:
- Understand the capabilities provided by out-of-the-box components available in AEM (what can and cannot be done), and when customer development is needed
- Use the AEM Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Use AEM to manage Digital Assets
- Use Experience Fragments
- Understand and participate in workflows
- Analyze business needs to identify a solution
- Create business requirements documents that developers can use in the creation of an AEM website
- Describe all the mobile capabilities of AEM (e.g., content services and responsive web design)
When we asked Herb why he wanted to take both certification exams he said: “I was in between projects, waiting for the next to start, and I had been meaning to get the developer certification. Hoodoo gave me everything I needed to do it - a little time and the resources to support doing it. After getting the developer certification I figured that I should try for the Business Practitioner to help show my understanding of the marketing user. My plan is to get the Architect certification as well."
Herb is an AEM Engineer and has been with Hoodoo Digital since September of 2019. He has worked on several projects as both a front end and back end developer. We are very proud of his hard work in completing the certification and are so glad to have him part of the Hoodoo team.
Does your implementation partner have dedicated team members certified by Adobe to be experts in their field?
We do. We’re Hoodoo.